This is a weekly meme from The Broke and the Bookish.
This time we should reveal our bookish desires - and here they are - but I won't burst out in tears when I don't get them .. ;") I visited many other blogs where fellow blogger also posted book covers, which is a lovely eyecandy bonus. So - I try it, too.
- ALLES IST JAZZ by Lili Grün - its a novel about an actrice in 1930s Berlin. The title means (lit.) "All is jazz" - I just love that and the cover is amazing!
- SHUTTER ISLAND by Dennis Lehane - I liked the film very much and now I am eager to read the book.
- GIRL, INTERRUPTED (DURCHGEKNALLT is the German title) by Susanna Kaysen
- BAD GIRLS GO EVERYWHERE by Jennifer Scanlon - the biography of Helen Gurley Brown (author of SEX AND THE SINGLE GIRL)
- THE FIRST FEMALE STARS by David W. Menefee
- THEO LINGEN : DAS SPIEL MIT DER MASKE - a biography about German actor Theo Lingen (1903-1978), who was hilarious and had a very distinctive voice.
- THIS'N'THAT by Bette Davis. I've found no cover of that one - so I give you a picture of Miss Davis herself:
- DIE MALWEIBER is about the daring female artists in 1900 and I am just in love with these women on the bookcover. "Malweiber" is a term used by people as an offence back then to make sure that these ladies were no artistes. You could translate it into "paint broads" or something like that, I guess.
- SCHWARZE KATZEN, BUNTE KATZEN a book with many pictures about female writers and female artists and their cats. This is a classical exemplification for a book you would not buy but would be happy if someone gave it to you.. ;") - Same for Book No.8 of my list.
- DIE KARRIEREN DER VICKI BAUM is a biography about Vicki Baum (1888-1960), who was a great writer.