Dienstag, 21. Dezember 2010

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten books from my wishlist



This is a weekly meme from The Broke and the Bookish.

This time we should reveal our bookish desires - and here they are - but I won't burst out in tears when I don't get them .. ;") I visited many other blogs where fellow blogger also posted book covers, which is a lovely eyecandy bonus. So - I try it, too.



  1. ALLES IST JAZZ by Lili Grün - its a novel about an actrice in 1930s Berlin. The title means (lit.) "All is jazz" - I just love that and the cover is amazing!



  2. SHUTTER ISLAND by Dennis Lehane - I liked the film very much and now I am eager to read the book.



  3. GIRL, INTERRUPTED (DURCHGEKNALLT is the German title) by Susanna Kaysen





  4. BAD GIRLS GO EVERYWHERE by Jennifer Scanlon - the biography of Helen Gurley Brown (author of SEX AND THE SINGLE GIRL)




  5. THE FIRST FEMALE STARS by David W. Menefee




  6. THEO LINGEN : DAS SPIEL MIT DER MASKE - a biography about German actor Theo Lingen (1903-1978), who was hilarious and had a very distinctive voice.




  7. THIS'N'THAT by Bette Davis. I've found no cover of that one - so I give you a picture of Miss Davis herself:




  8. DIE MALWEIBER is about the daring female artists in 1900 and I am just in love with these women on the bookcover. "Malweiber" is a term used by people as an offence back then to make sure that these ladies were no artistes. You could translate it into "paint broads" or something like that, I guess.




  9. SCHWARZE KATZEN, BUNTE KATZEN a book with many pictures about female writers and female artists and their cats. This is a classical exemplification for a book you would not buy but would be happy if someone gave it to you.. ;") - Same for Book No.8 of my list.




  10. DIE KARRIEREN DER VICKI BAUM is a biography about Vicki Baum (1888-1960), who was a great writer.

3 Kommentare:

  1. Number 1 looks really interesting. I wish I could read books in German.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You've got a lot of interesting books on your list! Hope Santa brings them all to you.

    Here's my list for Santa: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/12/top-ten-tuesday-wishlist-for-santa.html

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Beautiful cover designs! I am fascinated by the German artist Paula Modersohn-Becker. I've read her diaries and letters, and wish I knew German so that I could read more about her. Unfortunately, the only language I read is English...

    AntwortenLöschen

Every comment makes me happy - because than I know there is someone out there reading this! ;")

Thank you for commenting! I am reading every comment you'll make - and when I can think of an answer I will post it. ;")