Freitag, 7. Januar 2011

LGBT Book Challenge 2011

Photobucket


So - yes, another challenge.. Makes three. :")
This one is hosted by Brighton Blogger whose blog is Book after Book. The name of the challenge is LGBT Book Challenge 2011 - and I got to confess that I stumbled over LGBT because I did not know what this means. :") Well, now I know - and I am signing in. Here're the rules (I copied them from Brighton Blogger's Blog.):



  • The challenge will run from January, 1st 2011 to December, 31st 2011


  • Because I’m also completing another challenge, I’m not setting a goal. You can decide how many books you want to read during the year. Obviously: the more you read, the more prize draws you’ll be able to enter! See the section “Resources” below for some suggestions.


  • What qualifies as LGBT reading? I will accept reviews of books whose author is LBGT, whose topic is LGBT and/or whose characters (even minor ones) are LGBT. Fiction and non-fiction titles are equally accepted.


  • The challenge is open to bloggers and non bloggers alike.


  • There will be monthly prizes for participants.

Brighton Blogger did not set a goal but I think I will be heading for at least 5 books - and hope that I'll be able to connect them with the other two challenges I am participating in.. :")

1. ASH by Malinda Lo (2009)




2. WITH BILLIE by Julia Blackburn (2005)





3. THE WAR AGAINST MISS WINTER by Kathryn Miller Haines (2007)





4. VALLEY OF THE DOLLS by Jacqueline Susann (1966)



5. HEX HALL by Rachel Hawkins (2010)



Uhm, now it's February and I have already five books? Well, I think I will go on - let's see what this year will bring ;"):

6. DEMONGLASS (HEX HALL ; 2) by Rachel Hawkins (2011)






7. ALL-NIGHT PARTY by Andrea Barnet (2001)




Yay, this is going to be a great year!!! :")

2 Kommentare:

Every comment makes me happy - because than I know there is someone out there reading this! ;")

Thank you for commenting! I am reading every comment you'll make - and when I can think of an answer I will post it. ;")