Dienstag, 11. Januar 2011

Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge 2011

The Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge 2011 is hosted by Bev @ MY READER'S BLOCK

The rules:

*All books must have been written before 1960 and be from the mystery category.

*Some suggested authors include: Agatha Christie, Margery Allingham, Dorothy L Sayers, Earl Derr Biggers, Georgette Heyer, Edmund Crispin, Cyril Hare, Ellery Queen, Elizabeth Daly, Cyril Hare, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Ngaio Marsh, S. S. Van Dine, Philip MacDonald, Rex Stout, Phoebe Atwood Taylor, Josephine Bell, Josephine Tey, Frances & Richard Lockridge, Michael Innes and Stuart Palmer. (Please remember that some of these authors published after 1960 as well--so keep an eye on the original copyright date.)

*You are welcome to count these books towards any other challenges as well.

*Challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011. Sign up any time between now and November 30, 2011


*I would love to see reviews of your challenge books, but it is not necessary to participate. If you do not have a blog, post to the comments what your challenge level will be and then post again at the progess site (see below) when you have completed your challenge (include a list of books read).

*No matter what level you choose, please try at least two different vintage authors.

*The best part? A prize for everyone who completes their challenge. Once you declare your challenge level...you are locked in for that number of books. But you may change your list of books at any time. Let me know when you have met your challenge goal and I will send you a list of prizes (books) to choose from. Of course, the earlier you finish, the longer the list of books will be.

*Please post about the challenge on your blog (feel free to grab the image) with your declared challenge level.

Challenge Levels:

In a Murderous Mood: 4-6 Books
Get a Clue: 7-9 Books
Hot on the Trail: 10-12 Books
Capture the Criminal: 13-15 Books
Take 'Em to Trial: 16+ Books

OR

The Golden Age Girls*: Read 5-7 books from female authors from the vintage years
Cherchez Le Homme: Read 5-7 books from male authors from the vintage years

So, I am heading for:

The Golden Age Girls!!!

I have some Georgette Heyer - my Mom gave me hers, which where a present from her twin sister who actually met Georgette Heyer once. Which of course means that Ms. Heyer is quasi a family member.. ;") - and Agatha Christie books waiting for me. And who know's what lingers in the dark corners of my to read book shelfes...

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

6 Kommentare:

  1. So glad I was able to tempt you into joining! Hope you enjoy it.

    Don't forget to keep me updated on your progress at the Progress/Review post (picture link at the top of my blog).

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I will (enjoy it and keep you updated)! :")

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This looks like a challenge that is right up my street! I love Sherlock Holmes & Agatha Christie's Poirot/Miss Marple (but mainly watching them on TV - Jeremy Brett is the best). Perhaps I should give this one a go!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I love them too! :") Will be fun if you would join this challenge!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. This is such an awesome challenge! I wish I could join but I am already participating in 13! I used to be addicted to Agatha Christie novels.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Good luck with your 13 challenges!! (That's quite impressing!) :")

    AntwortenLöschen

Every comment makes me happy - because than I know there is someone out there reading this! ;")

Thank you for commenting! I am reading every comment you'll make - and when I can think of an answer I will post it. ;")