This is a weekly meme from The Broke and the Bookish.
That is (again) quite hard to say - I've got to confess that I can't exclude that I'll read one or two of these books sometime in future but right now I will not read them and have no intention to.
In no particular order my top ten are there is:
- Michel Houellebecq: Les Particules élémentaires ( Engl. title : Atomised)
- Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code
- Brett Easton Ellis: American Psycho
- Stephenie Meyer's The Twilight series [Sorry, but no, thanks. Again: sorry, folks! - or: girls?? ;"p]
- Natascha Kampusch: 3096 Tage (=3,096 Days) [too tough for me.]
- Stephen King: It [Yuck! clowns..]
- Allan and Barbara Pease: Why Men don't Listen and Women can't read Maps [btw. my sister and I can read maps -and my brother is a good listener - thank you very much, sexists.]
- Günter Grass: Im Krebsgang (Engl. title: Crabwalk) [- no NO-list without him.. I positively won't read any book by him soon. I hated The Tin Drum! - quite sexist, too.]
- Jodi Picoult: My sister's keeper [err.. no.]
- Adolf Hitler: Mein Kampf (Engl.: My struggle) [- Do have I to explain that? Though I admit that it would interest me - but that would be a post of its own: why I am interested in it while at the same time it would disgust me..]
How about you?