This is a weekly meme from The Broke and the Bookish.
This time it is about ten fictional crushes - well, it was hard to find 10 crushes so I searched really deep in my past.. ;")
Please note that these are pure "Schwärmerei" - nothing carnal in it. ;")
So here they are - in no particular order:
- Dr. Seward from DRACULA (Bram Stoker)
- Mr. Bingley from PRIDE AND PREJUDICE (Jane Austen)
- Colonel Brandon from SENSE AND SENSIBILITY (Jane Austen)
- Smike from NICHOLAS NICKLEBY (Charles Dickens) - I was about to name my cat after him - but it turned out that Lucy was a better name for her.. :")
- William Dobbin from VANITY FAIR (William Makepeace Thackeray) - another nearly catname - now the cat is known as Mina.. :") here you can see both of them.
- Jem from TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD (Harper Lee) - maybe you ought to know that I was a little girl when I first read this book.. ;")
- CINDERELLA (Perrault/ Brothers Grimm etc. )
- John Thornton from NORTH AND SOUTH (Elizabeth Gaskell)
- Bert from MARY POPPINS (P.L. Travers)
- PETER PAN (J.M. Barrie)
And: yes, I have a heart for minor characters. ;")
How about you??
P.S. Here's the one I've forfotten, but who REALLY belongs to this list: SHERLOCK HOLMES!!! (shame on me for forgetting him!)