This is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.
And again I am bending the rules a little bit: I do not want to have children. (at least not now.) So I am going to post ten characters I would name my cats after. - As you all know, I named my cats Miss Mina Murray and Miss Lucy Westenra after the main female characters in Bram Stoker's DRACULA. ;")
So here are my results in no particular order (well, first five male, last five female names..) and five minutes from now I surely would decide against them:
1. Dobbin from VANITY FAIR by W. M. Thackeray - would have been Mina's name if she was a tom cat.. ;")
2. Smike from NICHOLAS NICKLEBY by Charles Dickens - would have been Lucy's name but she turned out to be a girl, too. ;")
3. Atticus from TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD by Harper Lee.
4. Moriarty from SHERLOCK HOLMES by Arthur Conan Doyle.
5. Bingley from PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by Jane Austen.
6. Ophelia from HAMLET by Shakespeare.
7. Sidda from THE DIVINE SECRETS OF THE YA-YA SISTERHOOD by Rebecca Wells.
8. MORELLA by E. A. Poe.
9. Jerusha from DADDY-LONG-LEGS by Jean Webster.
10. Mrs. de Winter from REBECCA by Daphne Du Maurier.
11. Selena and Clayton from PEYTON PLACE by Grace Metalious. (one of my alltime favourite novels. Got to get into this list..) ;")
So, what about you?