Montag, 31. Januar 2011

It's Monday - What are you reading?

This is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

First of all: Thanks to everyone who wished me well - the cold is not gone yet, but I am able to read (and think) again. ;")

So, here we go:

For my reading group I am still with

MANSFIELD PARK by Jane Austen

We are now at chapter 20 - and I still think that Fanny is a quite invisible heroine - which I find somewhat interesting..


Last week I read:

the January columns of


MEIN HERBST- UND WINTERGARTEN by Vita Sackville-West

- an arrangement of her Garden columns which were edited as books in the 1950ies as IN YOUR GARDEN (1951), IN YOUR GARDEN AGAIN (1953), MORE FOR YOUR GARDEN (1955) and EVEN MORE FOR YOUR GARDEN (1958). This is a German edition arranged by Julia Bachstein.

and I also read
:

This week I re-read:
ALL-NIGHT PARTY : THE WOMEN OF BOHEMIAN GREENWICH VILLAGE AND HARLEM, 1913- 1930 by Andrea Barnet

Next week or sooner I'll read:

LOOK WHO IT IS! by Alan Carr

So - what are your picks? I hope you'll have a great week and tons of fun with your reads!

4 Kommentare:

  1. Your books look so fun - I hope you are enjoying them all!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I'm intrigued by the Billie Holiday biography - I love her music.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Is FRL the equivalent to "Miss" in English? I wonder that every time I visit your site, so I thought I'd ask.

    I read the last part of Mansfield Park last year and decided it is my least favorite of the Austen novels because the ending it to talk-talk and not enough kiss-kiss. Let me know what you think when you get there.

    -Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thank you, Sheila! (I am!)

    Her Royal Orangeness - I do love it, too! ;")

    Anne Bennett - yes, Frl. is short for Fräulein which means indeed "Miss". ;")
    I'll let you know when I find out what I think of Mansfield Park's ending.

    AntwortenLöschen

Every comment makes me happy - because than I know there is someone out there reading this! ;")

Thank you for commenting! I am reading every comment you'll make - and when I can think of an answer I will post it. ;")