Montag, 24. Januar 2011

It's Monday - What are you reading?


This is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.


Last week I predicted that I had a cold coming. Well.. It arrived. ;") For that I did only a very little reading.


So my entry is very similar to my last entry to this meme. Hopefully I am back again soon with very astonishing choices.. ;")

For my reading group I read presumably till the end of February:

MANSFIELD PARK by Jane Austen

for I know I am the fastest reader in our group - well, we're a small group.. - I read only a few pages and thought: I am going to read the rest of the aimed pages on the weekend. Uhm.. WRONG! I laid flat on my couch an cats were running over my almost death body. (I think, I fed them - otherwise they would have started nibling my fingers, I guess..) well, now I have to catch up a good deal. But: Hey! It's Jane Austen!! There could indeed be worse things to do. :")
This week I read
WITH BILLIE by Julia Blackburn

Next week or sooner I am going to read:

ALL-NIGHT PARTY : THE WOMEN OF BOHEMIAN GREENWICH VILLAGE AND HARLEM, 1913- 1930 by Andrea Barnet (this is the German cover with the very truthfull translated German title: CRAZY NEW YORK - don't ask me.. - but don't you love the cover?? I would love this as a poster!!)

This will actually be a re-read. This book is soooo amazing! :")

13 Kommentare:

  1. I adored Mansfield Park. Have a wonderful week reading. My Monday is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-23.html

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Would you believe that I have yet to read a Jane Austen novel? I am almost ashamed of myself... I hope to read Pride and Prejudice soon, and if I like it I will look up her other novels.

    Hope you are feeling better soon!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Mansfield Park is still on my list for this year...be getting there soon.

    Here's my Monday: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_24.html

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thank you, Jennifer!

    Aww! Thanks a lot, Hilde! :") Comments like your's make me feel better, too. ;") I hope you'll enjoy Pride and Prejudice!! Actually I read it several times - instead of exploring some other works of her.. But I am catching up. I read her books in the sequence of the release - I am now at No.3. ;")

    Hej, Bev! I hope you'll enjoy Mansfield Park more than you did Emma! ;")

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Interesting books! Mansfield Park is one of the Austen books I haven't read yet, but it's definitely on my TBR list. Hope you're feeling better and getting lots of reading done soon.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. When I first read Mansfield Park, it took me a while to get into it.How are you liking it so far?
    Happy Reading!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Hope you feel better! Pride & Prejudice is definitely my favourite (although I loved the TV drama of Mansfield Park even with Billie Piper in it!)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Heey
    I love Mansfield Park, it's really good!
    Here's the link to the Lyrical Tuesday!! :D
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.com/2011/01/lyrical-tuesday_25.html
    XOXO

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Thank you all!

    Misha:
    actually I am not very far.. The story has not really begun yet. But I do like it.

    Auntie Weaze:
    I like Billy Piper.. *blush* ;") And I did like the Edward from this version very much. ;")(Can't remember his name now - and I am to lazy to look it up.. Is it Blake Ritson? hm..)
    Do you know the 1999version? I like Frances O'Connor very much - but Johnny Lee Miller is not my kind of "prince charming".. ;")

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Guten tag, what did you think of "with Billie" - I am a fan of hers and I would like to read the book if it's good! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Guten Tag, Anja Kasap! :")

    Great to meet another fan of hers here! :") I liked it very much - but think that it isn't a book to start with. ;")

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Correction to my comment from January, 27: I know that his name is Edmund - somehow I am always writing Edward.. :"/

    AntwortenLöschen

Every comment makes me happy - because than I know there is someone out there reading this! ;")

Thank you for commenting! I am reading every comment you'll make - and when I can think of an answer I will post it. ;")