Dienstag, 11. Januar 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Resolutions for 2011



This is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.



First of all: I usually don't do New Year's Resolutions. I resolve to do things, yes. But I don't say: This year I am going to do this or that. I am always full of things I want to do or think I should do - but I don't like to browbeat me. (There're enough people out there who do that to me. Nothing serious just the normal ones: Family, job etc.) And besides:

Well, I think my good friend Groucho putted it in immortal words:



;")


So, now that I made clear that I am completely AGAINST resolutions.. ..I think I am going to post some. Since last tuesday I was running around in my flat, tearing my hear and mumbling: "I want to join next TTT - what am I going to do THIS year??" Then I decided to pick some of my decisions I made the last weeks. Which of course were NO resolutions.. ;")


So here they are - the Top Ten resolutions for 2011:


1. Catch up with my reviews - there are so many books waiting to be reviewed..

2. Join challenges! - checked.

3. Do more memes! - checked.

4. Step out of my comfort zone: Read more Fantasy!

5. Read more YA! (yes, this is related to No.4)

6. Read more NEW books! (again, related to No.4)

7. Write far more film reviews for my film blog And then they start to sparkle! (I am lazy, I know - and I am so sorry!)

8. Read the books, which I check out from the library! - I am foraging the library just to bring half of the books back without reading them. (I bring back the other half too - but I have read them.)

9. Gain my challenge goals - and maybe a bit more!

10. Well, what else? Oh - I know: Don't make "funny" posts, which only I find funny and : Be more serious at memes.

To all of you who made resolutions: Good luck with it!

4 Kommentare:

  1. I am with you on using the library -- or at least READING the books I check out at the library.
    Great goals...here aer mine:http://www.gerberadaisydiaries.com/2011/01/top-ten-tuesdays-reading-resolutions.html

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I agree with Number 8 - I need read books from the library instead of keeping on buying.
    Good luck with your goals!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Love the Groucho clip! I don't like resolutions either...couldn't even come up with ten. Glad you included the Vintage Mystery Challenge in the ones you've "checked."

    Don't get too serious on us!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hihi - Number 8 seems to be an international problem.. :")

    Bev, Groucho is one of my heroes - I own every book by him! :") Glad you liked the clip. (And I am also glad that I joined the challenge) Well, maybe I'll stay silly.. ;")

    AntwortenLöschen

Every comment makes me happy - because than I know there is someone out there reading this! ;")

Thank you for commenting! I am reading every comment you'll make - and when I can think of an answer I will post it. ;")